TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WFLA) — A Florida lawmaker said he will be supporting an amendment to rename a major Florida highway after Donald Trump.
Rep. Anthony Sabatini said he will be sponsoring a bill in the upcoming legislative session that would rename U.S. Highway 27 to “President Donald J. Trump Highway.”
- Biden to mark ‘Bloody Sunday’ by signing voting-rights order
- Harry, Meghan to delve into tough royal split with Oprah
- Dozens rally before ex-officer put on trial in Floyd’s death
- See inside this incredible 1940’s-era Art Deco home that just hit the market
- Bloody Sunday memorial to honor late civil rights giants
“Looking forward to working on this important designation honoring one of the greatest Presidents in American History,” Sabatini tweeted.
U.S. 27 is a 481-mile-long roadway that runs north and south from Miami up through Tallahassee.
The Florida Legislature meets every year for 60 days. This year, Florida’s lawmakers will meet March 2.