(NewsNation Now) — A bartender in Florida helped police crack an arson case after he recognized one of the suspects because he didn’t leave a tip when at the bar earlier that night.
Police in Key West released a webcam video showing men setting fire to a Christmas tree, which led to thousands of dollars in damage to the city’s landmark buoy, which was right in front of it.
After a bartender saw the video, he recognized one of the men had ordered drinks from him earlier that night and had not left a tip. He and his manager pulled receipts from that night and watched their own security video to identify the suspects.
Investigators then arrested a 21-year-old from Texas and a 22-year-old from Florida on charges of criminal mischief.
City workers have restored the buoy, which marks the southernmost point of the United States.
- Police reaction to more officers shot, DraftKings rep on this week’s games, and how to protect yourself in public
- 2 of 3 Houston officers released from hospital after shooting
- At fraud trial, Avenatti asks Stormy Daniels about ghosts
- 2 Michigan schools mistakenly award scholarships to students
- Biden: US troops headed to Eastern Europe, but ‘not a lot’