PEACHTREE CITY, Ga. (NewsNation Now) — Comedian Tiffany Haddish was arrested for driving under the influence after she was suspected of being asleep at the wheel on an interstate, police said in a statement to NewsNation.
Someone called to report a sleeping driver on Interstate 74 at 2:30 a.m. Friday, Peachtree City, Georgia, Police told NewsNation. Police caught up with a car matching the description, and say Haddish pulled over “into the yard of a residence” to conduct the traffic stop.
She was then arrested.
Haddish expressed sorrow in recent interviews over the deaths of close family and friends, as well as a family pet.
“I’m just sad because I’ve had some losses,” she told Extra.
“My personal life is in shambles,” she told Entertainment Tonight.
- Trump critics, Romney to raise money to re-elect Liz Cheney
- Study: 6 in 10 workers already have drafted resignation letters
- Kathryn Kates, actress who appeared in ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘The Many Saints of Newark,’ dies at 73
- China’s COVID measures for Olympics testing patience
- Teen charged with murder after girl, 12, dies from fentanyl