HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Police have arrested a man who they say yelled antisemitic remarks at a rabbi and dumped a bag of human feces in front of a South Florida synagogue.
Hallandale Beach police arrested Jeffrey Carl Fleming on Monday on charges of felony stalking with a hate crime enhancement and littering human waste. He was being held Tuesday morning without bond at the Broward County Jail. Details on his arrest were not released.
Capt. Pedro Abut said in a statement that Fleming, 39, is the man who was captured on cellphone video on an electric bicycle who went on a rant outside the Chabad of South Broward on Friday.
The man, barefoot and dressed in a white robe, left and returned a short time later, carrying a bag or pillowcase that contained human feces. He dumped the bag in front of the synagogue and yelled, “Jews should die,” according to Capt. RaShana Dabney-Donovan.
He also spat at a menorah near a sidewalk, according to the police.
Court records do not indicate if Fleming has an attorney.
- Valerie Biden Owens, Biden’s sister, has a book deal
- ‘Arrow’ star Stephen Amell confirms he was removed from Delta flight after ‘argument’ with wife
- First look inside: Resorts World to open in Las Vegas
- Photos: Western drought brings plague of voracious grasshoppers
- ☀ June 24: Florida condo collapse, infrastructure meeting and strange blind dates
Earlier this month, a Hallandale Beach man reported having rocks thrown at him as he walked to the Chabad of South Broward.
“It’s very important for us to combat these types of incidents,” said Dabney-Donovan.