TAMPA (WFLA) — A 65-year-old Florida man was fatally struck by an SUV while teaching his son how to drive, officials said.
The Florida Highway Patrol said a 34-year-old Colombian man was getting a driving lesson at a church parking lot.
- Tropical storm warning, flood threat for northern Gulf Coast
- Why is dental cosmetic surgery now considered the ‘new boob job’
- CDC warns of unseasonal increase in RSV cases across southern U.S.
- Banfield: Cast of ‘Live PD’ reunites to discuss policing in America, possible future for the show
- George Floyd statue weighing 700 pounds unveiled in New Jersey
His father was standing outside his car, teaching him how to park, when the son accidentally stepped on the accelerator, drove over a parking block and hit his father.
The 65-year-old was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital in critical condition. He later died.
His son faces a felony charge of driving without a license resulting in a serious injury.