ARDMORE, Okla. (NewsNation Now) — One person is dead after an explosion at an Oklahoma asphalt plant.
Around 10 a.m. Friday, officials say they began receiving calls about a large explosion at the Asphalt Express plant in Ardmore. Ardmore is about midway between Oklahoma City and Dallas.
NewsNation affiliate KFOR reports heat could have been a factor, but it’s too soon to be certain.
It took crews two hours to get it under control. Aside from the man who died, nobody was hurt.
K. Querry-Thompson/KFOR contributed to this report.
- US CDC chief says there will be no federal mandate on COVID-19 vaccine
- Census: 1 in 5 dorms, prisons had no data at end of US count
- In Olympic first, men, women swim together in wild medley
- Chipotle offering free guacamole on National Avocado Day, but there’s a catch
- At least 5 tornadoes confirmed in New Jersey, NWS says