ARLINGTON, T.X. (NewsNation Now) — A missing deaf 15-year-old dog was reunited with her Texas family after a two-day search.
Zoey was pulled from a storm drain Saturday after an extensive digging operation in Arlington, WFAA reported.
Video footage, released by Arlington Fire Department, shows the dramatic rescue of Zoey, who was then reunited with her family.
Zoey had been missing since Thursday before rescuers discovered her in the drain, WFAA reported.
The fire department said the dog was trapped 400 feet from the nearest entrance to the storm drain, and crews had to remove concrete to access the pipe.
Zoey went to a local animal hospital after she was removed.
Storyful contributed to this report.
- ‘Certainly a twist’: Agents search in Wyoming for Gabby Petito, in Florida for fiance Brian Laundrie
- Police: ‘Grease’ actor arrested after throwing plates, food at deputies in Maryland restaurant
- Texas bus driver suspended for using cell phone to call 911
- Cancer concerns lead to ‘precautionary’ recall of anti-smoking drug
- 9 must-try recipes to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month