(NEXSTAR) — Wendy’s is hoping a free breakfast sandwich will take the fright out of Friday the 13th.
On Friday, Aug. 13 and Saturday, Aug. 14, participating Wendy’s restaurants will be offering free croissant breakfast sandwiches, no purchase necessary. Customers can choose from the Sausage, Egg and Swiss Croissant or the Bacon, Egg and Swiss Croissant. The chain’s only other croissant sandwich — the Maple Bacon Chicken Croissant — is excluded from the offer.
“Walk under as many ladders as you like this Friday the 13th because Wendy’s is making sure luck (and FREE* breakfast) is on your side,” reads a press release for the promotion, which also referred to the free sandwich as a “good luck charm.”
“Just show up to a participating Wendy’s restaurant during breakfast hours and it’s yours,” Wendy’s adds. “Yep, it’s that simple.”
The offer is valid only during regular breakfast hours, from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., although those hours may vary by location, Wendy’s warns. The offer is limited to only one sandwich per customer while supplies last.
Wendy’s launched breakfast at restaurants nationwide in March 2020, promising “fresh, hand-cracked eggs” and “Applewood smoked bacon baked in our ovens each morning.” The chain also positioned its offerings as an alternative to “tired old breakfasts” from competitors.
Wendy’s was confident in its breakfast program during an annual earnings forecast in May 2021, projecting 30% growth by the end of the calendar year, Reuters reported.
- Flower shortage hits businesses as wedding boom drives demand
- Nurses are leaving the profession, and replacing them won’t be easy
- Tone-deaf, offensive and downright dull: The worst movies of the past 20 years, according to Metacritic
- ☀September 19: Law enforcement searching for Gabby Petito and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie. And worries over another Capitol riot prove to be much ado about very little.
- Same goal, different paths: US, EU seek to maximize vaccine rates