PHOENIX (AP) — Nearly two dozen people who were stranded after a roller coaster stalled mid-ride at an Arizona amusement park are safe.
News reports and the Phoenix Fire Department say the ride at Castles N’ Coasters in Phoenix got stuck Saturday, with riders perched 20 feet off the ground.
- ‘It looks like the Trade Center.’ Listen to first responders tell dispatch about Florida building collapse
- The Teamsters have a new mission: Unionize Amazon workers
- Heat send help: After building collapse, NBA team rallies
- Microsoft debuts Windows 11, first major update in 6 years
- Teen’s unsolved death didn’t make headlines like Murdaugh murders, but search for answers continues
Rescue crews were dispatched and were able to escort 22 people off the ride safely.
There was no immediate word on what caused the Desert Storm roller coaster to freeze up.