The fire is south of the community of Havilah, which has a population of about 1,400. Residents near Walker Basin, Skinner Flat and Claraville have been asked to evacuate.
The U.S. Forest Service said the cause is under investigation. Officials said multiple wildfires this week were sparked by lightning strikes.
- Jamaica’s Thompson-Herah speeds to 2nd Olympic sprint sweep
- Landlords, tenants fill courts as eviction moratorium ends
- At least 3 employees injured, suspect killed by police in Tennessee warehouse shooting
- Garden to open for El Paso Walmart shooting 2nd anniversary
- Clean, repeat: At Tokyo Games, virus is Olympians’ chief foe