LOS ANGELES (KTLA) – A red sedan fell from the seventh story of a Los Angeles parking garage on Friday, prompting a response from both the city’s police and fire departments.
Reports came in at about 5:40 p.m. that a Kia had plunged from the downtown parking garage on West Eighth Street, landing on its hood. The car fell approximately 70 feet, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
A representative for the Los Angeles Fire Department said there was no driver and no passengers in the vehicle when authorities arrived on the scene. However, the investigation was handed off to the LAPD on Friday.
A representative for the police was not available to issue any updates as of Saturday afternoon. As a result, it remains unclear whether authorities were able to locate the owner of the vehicle.
Meanwhile, the parking structure is one of the most recognizable in the city, thanks to its 11,000-square-foot “Harbor Freeway Overture” mural depicting members of the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra circa 1991.
- Ford to add 10,800 jobs making electric vehicles, batteries
- Facebook pauses development of Instagram for kids, will speak with ‘parents, experts’
- Pfizer submits promising data to FDA from vaccine trial with kids ages 5-11
- Wells Fargo pays $37M to resolve Justice Department lawsuit over forex services
- How will the infrastructure and spending bills impact you?