OGDEN, U.T. (NewsNation Now) — 70-year-old Grover Wilhelmsen, a retired orchestra teacher, serenaded the staff at a Utah hospital who helped treat him during his battle with COVID-19
Video shows Wilhelmsen playing his violin from the ICU. When the video was captured he was hooked up to a ventilator and unable to speak, but that did not stop him from expressing gratitude.
Staff at the hospital in Ogden, Utah said they were brought to tears as they watched him play.
After a month in the hospital, Wilhelmsen’s wife said he’s been transferred to a long-term acute care facility.
Latest coronavirus headlines
- L.A. County bans all in-person dining as coronavirus cases rise
- Holiday travel continues despite CDC warning
- NBA players met Pope Francis at the Vatican to discuss social justice reform
- Need for food pantries increases even more during the holidays
- California Gov. Newsom: 18-49 age group responsible for 60% of COVID cases