SAN DIEGO (KSWB) — Firefighters and veterinarians rescued a horse and rider Thursday after they fell off a steep trail and rolled down an embankment in San Diego.
The accident happened in a wilderness area about three-quarters of a mile east of state Route 56 off Carmel Valley Road, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
After a helicopter air-lifted the horse named Mackey to safety, SDFD crews and team members from San Diego Humane Society’s Response team helped catch her. She was then loaded into a trailer and returned home.
Neither the animal nor the woman who had been riding it were injured, SDFD reported.
- Marine vet takes down armed suspect in convenience store
- COVID-19 vaccine incentives: Do they work?
- Radio: Jason Landry left home in 2020 and has not been seen since
- Getting answers: Gabby’s final days
- Nor’easter topples trees, knocks out power to half a million