DENVER (NewsNation/KDVR) — Four major wildfires are burning across Colorado. Firefighters are dealing with extremely challenging conditions, including hot temperatures, gusty winds and very low humidity.
Below is the latest basic information about each of the four wildfires. Click on the name of the wildfire for specific updates on each fire.
Location: Glenwood Canyon, along Interstate 70
Evacuations: Lookout Mountain, No Name, Bair Ranch, Coulter Creek, Buck Point, Spring Valley Ranch, Homestead Estates, Sweetwater, Aspen Meadows, Upper Colorado Road, High Aspen Ranch
Pre-Evacuations: Dotsero, Two Rivers Estates
Location: North of Grand Junction in Mesa and Garfield counties
Evacuations: Roan Creek Road, Clear Creek Road, Carr Creek Road and Brush Creek Road CR 202 on
Location: Near Chambers Lake in Larimer County
Evacuations: Yes. Evacuation orders are in place from Highway 14 north to Deadman Road and Four Corners, and from Red Feather Lakes west to Cameron Pass. The Long Draw Reservoir area is also under a mandatory evacuation order.
Location: Grand County
Evacuations: Yes. Homes in the immediate vicinity (not including the Fraser Valley) are ordered to evacuate. Pre-evacuation notices have been issued for the following areas: County Road 50, 50S and St. Louis Creek Road (County Road 73).
This story is developing. Refresh for updates.
- United Methodist conservatives detail plans for a breakaway
- Third stimulus checks: Will we get $1,400 payments in March?
- From teen immigrant to NASA engineer: How Diana Trujillo is leaving her mark on Mars
- Gas prices edge closer to $3 a gallon, hit highest level since pandemic began
- North Carolina man gets revenge on porch pirate with spicy warning