Harvey Weinstein charged with 6 more counts of sexual assault in Los Angeles

West

FILE – In this Monday, Feb. 24, 2020 file photo, Harvey Weinstein arrives at a Manhattan courthouse for jury deliberations in his rape trial, in New York. Britain has stripped disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein of an honor recognizing his contribution to the UK film industry. The 68-year-old Weinstein was given the honor in 2004 and the decision to take it away was announced Friday Sept. 18, 2020. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig, File)

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) — Disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein has been charged with six more counts of forcible sexual assault in Los Angeles, the Los Angeles District Attorney said on Friday.

The charges involve two victims and stem from incidents that occurred more than a decade ago, District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a statement.

Weinstein, who was convicted earlier this year in New York for sex crimes, now faces a total of four counts each of forcible rape and forcible oral copulation, two counts of sexual battery by restraint and one count of sexual penetration by use of force, involving five victims for crimes that span from 2004 to 2013 in the Los Angeles area, Lacey said.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

© 1998 - 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved.

Trending on NewsNationNow.com