LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Las Vegas police say the brother and father of a young child found dead Friday have both been located.
The search for Jose Montes-Herrera, 37, and his son Eden Montes, 11, was canceled Saturday afternoon.
LVMPD Homicide Lieutenant Ray Spencer will provide an update on the investigation at 3:30 p.m.
During a news conference Saturday morning, police said the victim was last seen leaving his house Thursday night with his biological father, Jose Montes-Herrera, 37.
According to the mother of the 8-year-old, who identified her son early Saturday morning to police, the two left the residence and picked up the victim’s half brother, Eden Montes, 11.
About 12 hours after all three were last seen, the 8-year-old’s body was found by a group of hikers on a trail in the Mountain Springs area, off SR 160.
- Comedian Dane Baptiste questions everything on ‘Banfield’
- Biden outlines vaccine plan, set to miss global-sharing goal
- Best Prime Day deals on TVs, headphones, laptops and more
- A funny look at the news of the past week
- Quest for Gold: U.S. Rhythmic Gymnast Laura Zeng deferred her first year at Yale for Tokyo 2020
The department didn’t believe this to be a parental kidnapping situation as Montes-Herrera is the two boys’ biological father.