LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Las Vegas police officer has been arrested for allegedly taking part in an organized theft ring, according to authorities.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police said Samuelito Quijano has been with the department since 2017.
He was booked Saturday into the Clark County jail on suspicion of grand larceny, possession of stolen property, conspiracy to commit burglary and taking part in an organized theft ring.
- Shocking jail video shows corrections officer’s alleged role in inmate’s assault
- Loan relief granted to defrauded for-profit college students
- Royal Caribbean delays Odyssey of the Seas launch after crew tests positive for COVID-19
- Wisconsin bill would forbid proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Watch: Moose takes a swim next to paddleboarder in Colorado lake
It was unclear Sunday if Quijano has a lawyer yet for his case.
Quijano is assigned to the Community Policing Division, Enterprise Area Command.
Police officials said he’s been placed on suspension without pay pending the outcome of the criminal and internal investigations.