DES MOINES, Iowa (WHO-TV) — Former Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad has a unique view of the pandemic. He was the U.S. ambassador to China when the coronavirus broke out. Branstad said the Chinese government hid information at different levels early on.
NewsNation affiliate WHO-TV Political Director Dave Price spoke with Branstad about what it was like in the first few weeks after the virus emerged in China.
Watch the discussion in the player above.
Latest coronavirus headlines
- More than 240,000 Navajos apply for tribal virus relief funding
- Florida woman battling COVID-19 details permanent damage to her limbs
- New restrictions to take effect in Los Angeles County as COVID-19 cases spike
- PM Justin Trudeau: Canadians won’t be among the first to get vaccine
- HHS looking at mid-December for COVID-19 vaccine distributions to states